Thursday, December 2, 2010

Question of the Day: What's the ONE song that instantly takes you back to an amazing moment with an S.O.?



I have too many songs that spur a visceral response from the ol' love memory banks, that it makes it difficult to choose just one. Let's see:

I'll never forget when my very first boyfriend in high school danced for me and performed the complementing hand gestures to Prince's "I Would Die for You." As I sat, blushing and giggling on his couch, I feigned embarrassment but secretly my stomach somersaulted and I thought I my heart was going to explode from sheer excitement!

"Poor Some Sugar on Me" takes me right back to the Def Leppard concert where I rocked out on the lawn with my first true love as we canoodled and kissed all night long!

"I Found Someone" by Cher puts me on the plane to Mazatlan, Mexico for my senior trip,as I envisioned finding someone to replace said aforementioned boyfriend who, just the day before, broke my heart!

Omigod, and I could never forget the moments I shared with a college boyfriend whenever he played Sade's "I Gave You All the Love" while we mac'd out on his black leather sofa! Whew!

A more recent memory is jarred whenever I hear "All Summer Long" by Kid Rock which puts me in the passenger seat of my boyfriend's car, from 2 summers ago, and him staring at me when Kid bellows, "Man, I'd love to see that girl again!"

Ahhh...good times, good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment