Thursday, December 16, 2010

Question of the Day: Where's the best place to take a first date on New Years Eve?


I suppose I first need a date, but I'll figure that part out later. What are some cool ideas, places to go, things to see, etc, outside of the quintessential ball dropping parties on New Years Eve? What's the most unique or interesting NYE date you've ever been on? I guess the most romantic New Years I ever had was the year my ex husband and I attended his best friend's wedding. I wasn't sure at first how it was going to go down and if ringing in the new year would be a part of the nuptuals, but I have to say, it was the most extraordinarily nostaglic thing to witness and be a part of.

After they said their "I do's" and the processions concluded, the bride and groom got into a lovely horse drawn carriage and were whisked away, into the crisp, foggy night air, to the reception celebration. People milled around all evening with especially joyous spirits and, it would seem, increased amorous feelings towards their own dates/spouses.

Yes, I know weddings in general have a way of stimulating whimsical and loving feelings in folks; however, with the added notion of it being New Years Eve and knowing that the anticipation of midnight was looming, it somehow added to the allure and intrigue of the evening. It also took the pressure off of the concept of having to be at "the" party of the night. First of all, we all felt as though we already were, and secondly, we had bigger things to focus on. Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment