Sunday, March 28, 2010

Question of the Day: You are getting set up w/ a very busy, successful, high-profile date; how long do you wait in the que until they can meet?

As a mate finder for busy, professional individuals, I see this situation far too often. I mean, let's face it, it's why most of my clients hire me; because they are literally too busy to search for a mate themselves. The downside, however, is when these clients are so in demand, it's difficult for them to even schedule an initial phone call, let alone a first date.

So, here's the paradox: If you are someone who would like to be with someone of substance (ie. status), how long are you okay with waiting in the wings until they find the time to initiate contact? I see it time and time again that women in my group would like to date a very successful, educated, pedigreed man; however, with that comes some sacrifice and lots of compromising. I remind them, "Well, if you want to date the CEO or the high power attorney, you may have to adjust your expectations and get comfortable with not seeing him as much as you'd like.


I suppose at the end of the day, it comes down to, what you find negotiable. Are you the type of person that needs lots of communication, physical contact and reassurance from a mate? Or are you busy yourself and okay with a sort of "see you when I see you" arrangement? Does the difficulty in finding the time to make initial contact before a date, raise a red flag for you? If you jot down a list of "must haves" in a mate, it's important to remember that some of those qualities don't come without trade-offs and accomodating. Just my $.02!

No comments:

Post a Comment