Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Question of the Day: What is a common annoying habit when out with someone of the opposite sex?

Oh boy, I think I've opened up a can of worms with this one, but what the hell?  The thing that irritates me the most about some guys is if we happen to be on a date, and they leer (I'm talking, whip-lash-head-turning action) at anything walking by in a skirt.  That's just downright disrespectful.  I understand its human nature, but can't you be a bit more subtle? Another pet peeve I have is when I'm in a car with my date who obviously suffers from acute road rage syndrome, and shouts out profanities at any given granny because, God forbid, she isn't clearing a path for Mr. Almighty!  I mean, does it really matter if we get to the restaurant at 6:03 versus 6:00?

And don't get be wrong, I am not dude bashing here, as I'm an equal opportunity annoying habit critic!  I've seen women do some things that put my gender to shame and make me embarrassed to be part of the estrogen club!  Girls, for the love of God, when on a date, I don't care if you have to duct tape your mouth shut, quit the incessant talk about nothingness.  Guys really don't give a crap about the recent argument you had with your girlfriend over buying the same dress, the minutia of horoscope signs and which ones make great couplings or what you found so offensive about the last episode of "The Real Housewives of New Jersey!"  I mean really!!  Sometimes, silence is golden!  Or better yet, pick up a New York Times before a date and bring something interesting to discuss.


Alright, I feel better.  Your turn...

1 comment: