Thursday, September 9, 2010

Question of the Day: What's the ONE thing you miss the most about having a significant other?


Wow!  I picked a doozy of a question today, huh?  I'd have the say the one thing I miss the very most about having a significant other in my life, is having a soft place to land at the end of the day.  I miss having that special someone who supports me, listens to me and is there for me when I need a shoulder to cry on.  Yes, girlfriends are wonderful for this and I cherish my BFF's and their supportive friendship more than anyone.   But its different with a soul mate. 

It's as if they have the ability to reach inside of you and nourish your heart with the right words or the perfect look that says, "It will be alright.  I love you no matter what."  They wipe your tears away and still find you sexy and desireable even with puffy, swolen eyes.  Perhaps its more the security I miss and just knowing that I have someone in my corner who will go to bat for me if God forbid, I accidentally burned my house down or pissed off an important client.

Well, like I always like to say, there are pluses and minuses to both being in a committed relationship and being single....and dammit, while I'm single, I'm livin' LARGE!  (I'll just have to make I stay out of the kitchen, away from stovetops while I'm single and living alone!)

No comments:

Post a Comment