Thursday, October 14, 2010

Question of the Day: What was the worst "change of plans" experience you had while dating someone?


I received a frantic call this morning from an old high school friend who was very upset over a woman.  He told me he'd met her online and they'd been communicating now for over a year.  Although they hadn't met yet in person, they were becoming very close and communicated daily either via texts, phone calls or Skype messaging.   I asked him why he was so upset and he said, "Because this is the second time I've gone so far as to book flights, a rental car and hotel room to go and see her, and she panics and cancels on me at the last minute!  Only this time was worse because I actually made it to the airport and checked my bags in already!" 

Another woman from my club told me that she made plans with a guy to go on a date and he called her up the last minute and cancelled due to a "work conflict."  She said she wasn't sure she bought the story, but when he came crawling back around again, decided to go against her better judgement and give it another try.  The day they were to go out, she changed around her work schedule to get off early, rushed home, got herself all dolled up and ready to go.  When 7 o'clock arrived, she waited and waited and waited.  Needless to say, the baffoon never showed up and didn't even have the common courtesy to call her this time with some lame excuse!

No comments:

Post a Comment