Monday, October 4, 2010

Question of the Day: When sick, do you prefer to be nursed back to health by a lover or left alone to convalesce?


I know a lot of people (eh hem...MEN!) who, when sick, feel the need to be nurtured and nursed back to health regardless of how they look or feel.  For me, this is a toughie.  I enjoy being catered to and taken care of as much as the next girl, but if its someone I'm newly dating and don't know very well I'm not so inclined.  It's completely too mortifying having him seeing me look and smell like road kill!  I mean, migod, heaven forbid that image gets permanently tatooed in his head!

But then again, remember the scene from "Fever Pitch" starring Drew Barrymore and Jimmy Fallon where they just started dating and she comes down with food poisoning and gets violently ill for two days?  Who wouldn't want a guy like that who sees you beyond your worse and everytime you open your eyes, he's at your beck and call?  I mean, hell, if someone could still be into you after holding your hair back while you puke and cleans up your snotty tissues, I'd say that's a pretty good sign!

No comments:

Post a Comment