Monday, April 5, 2010

Question of the Day: Do we enter the dating arena, ultimately for marriage or just companionship?

Be honest. When you decide to go out on a date with someone, are you hopeful it will lead to a longterm relationship that will result in marriage? Or are you just seeking companionship with a partner with a no-strings-attached agreement? With a divorce rate of approximately 50% in our nation, it appears as though dating and relationships have evolved over the past decade or so, to include less formal arrangements between two partners. Many people are satisfied with having casual flings originating from online dating sites versus entering into serious, committed relationships. Either way, if you are re-entering the dating arena as a result from a break-up, separation or divorce, I think it's an important question to ask yourself so that you can have some clarity in a world filled with lots of gray area!

1 comment:

  1. I've wondered about this, as I've found some people seriously do not want to be in an LTR again, but intentionally enter into one short term relationship after another. Personally, I wouldn't want to set a hard limit on how far a relationship would go, but I certainly don't go on every first date with the thought, "Wow, so this is it: tonight I'm meeting the future Mrs. Me". I'm sure it will happen, but I'm not forcing it to be right if it isn't....

    ReplyDelete