Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Question of the Day: If someone says "I love you" for the first time while intoxicated or during sex, does it still count?

Hasn't this happened to you? You're in a new relationship, the sparks are flying, the two of you are so compatible and you're just so eager to hear those 3 letter words come out of your mate's mouth. When it finally happens, it feels so amazing and you're euphoric from head-to-toe, so much that you could shout from the rooftops, "I'm in-love!". But, it's not long before your balloon starts to deflate when you realize, "Wait a minute! He was three sheets to the wind when he said it. Did he really mean it? Was he referring to me or the half empty bottle of Petrone sitting on my nightstand table?" Or perhaps it was right at the pinnacle peak during sex that she shouted out, "I love you!! Omigod I really love you!!!!!", which leaves you just as bewildered and curious?

So, if these are not ideal times to say the words, but you're in an amazingly perfect and romantic moment with your lover, and happen to be tipsy or frollicking in the sheets together, do you hold off until another time? Do you wait until you sober up and/or get in the light of day to say "I love you"? When, exactly, is the ideal time to say it to someone you truly care about?

No comments:

Post a Comment