Monday, April 19, 2010

Question of the Day: Would you go on a first or second date to a live NUDE art exhibit?

I was listening to talk radio this morning, and hearing all the hype about the new art exhibit currently running at the Museum of Modern Art (MOMA) in NYC. Famous and controversial artist Marina Abromovic has created a very edgy and unique, live nude show that is running until the end of May. Supposedly this showing is replete with nude bodies in very tight quarters and as an audience member, you just may find yourself squeezing by and having to physically touch one of these performers just to get to the next viewing. Oy!! I think I'm literally blushing as I'm typing this!!

So it got me thinking: I wonder how many people would be willing to go on a first or second date to such an exhibit? I, for one, think I would turn 50 shades of purple going with someone as close to me as a high school buddy, let alone someone I barely knew!! And, unless it were two people who were art critics, majors or performers themselves, I'd probably have a conniption if I found out one of my clients took a member to such a showing on a first date. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of the arts and in full support of funding the arts in public schools; however, I believe the only nude thing appropriate to analyze on a first or second date is the style of her Marc Jacob's handbag!

No comments:

Post a Comment