Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Question of the Day: What cracks you up the most about the opposite sex?


Personally, I get the BIGGEST chuckle out of full grown men throwing complete hissy fits when their favorite sports teams lose!  Swear to God, it just warms the cockles of my heart to see a grown-ass man throwing himself into a fit of rage over something as minute as a sports team losing.  I mean c'mon...we aren't talking about the Middle East Peace Process here where human lives are at stake.  It shouldn't, but it cracks me up to think of an exboyfriend literally throwing over an ottoman when the 49'ers lost a playoff game back in the late 80's.  I remember staring at him in complete bewilderment (and truth be told, utter amusement) as he screamed expletives condeming Ronnie Lott and Bill Walsh to Hell!

I will never forget the time when my ex-husband and I went away to Spain one summer before we had kids.  We ended up in a small beach town on the southern tip, where there wasn't a whole lot to do but lounge around, take walks and watch T.V.  One morning as he was flipping through the channels he came across a professional Cricket game and said, "I have no idea what the deal is with Cricket?  I just don't get it; it's such a stupid sport!"  That night after dinner, we came back to our condo and with bellies full of amazing Spanish food, plopped ourselves onto the couch for, yet, some more boob-tube action. It wasn't too long before I decided to go to bed, but Hubby said he wasn't tired and wanted to stay up a bit longer. 

When I was getting ready for bed, I could hear the faint sounds of a Cricket game on T.V. and realized that he'd be coming to bed real soon because obviously there wasn't anything worthwhile on Television but that "stupid sport."  Once I hit the sheets, I immediately fell into a deep slumber only to be shockingly awoken 3 hours later, by my husband shouting something in what seemed to be alliance language for his newfound favorite Cricket team, "OH C'MON YOU GUYS!!!  WHAT'RE YOU DOING???"  Huh?  Color me surprised, but didn't this man just this morning make some holier than thou proclamation that Cricket was, in fact, a ridiculous sport that anyone with half a pulse shouldn't be caught dead watching?  How on Earth could he not only have formed some newfound allegiance to a random team to a proclaimed random sport, but also in the throes of a full fledged tantrum over their losing a play?

Well, if nothing else, that story made for some hilarious fodder for years to come.  Even though I'm not married to the guy anymore, it still gives me a chuckle to this very day.  What cracks me up the most about guys and their sports hystrionics is, the more humor you find in it and the more you chuckle, the more they realize how insane they're acting and sober up rather quickly.  Ahh guys and their sports!  Ya gotta love 'em for their "passion"!

No comments:

Post a Comment