Monday, June 7, 2010

Question of the Day: What was the best last minute date you ever went on?

I will never forget mine! It was Christmastime '08 and around 8:00 p.m. at night. My kids were off for the holiday break and we were preparing for our ritual bedtime routine. I was seeing a gentleman at the time who had been out Christmas shopping all day and he called me up to see what I was doing. I told him I was getting the kids ready for bed and just doing some last minute tidying.

He and I were in that giddy-I'm-dying-t0-see-you phase of our courtship, and so he said, "I need to come see you!" I was disappointed to tell him that it wasn't going to work because I had my kids, I looked a mess and it just wasnt a good time. After some thought, we both decided "Screw it! Life's short!" and he came over and waited outside in my driveway for me to settle the kids down and come out and see him. It was amazing!! Here I am in my bathrobe and flannel pajamas and he breaks out two champagne flutes and a bottle of my all time fav "Veuve Cliquot"! Omigosh, it was the best! Sitting there in my driveway, sipping amazing champagne while canoodling and listening to Christmas music.

But wait! It gets better! He reaches in the back and out of a shopping bag pulls a small wrapped box and says, "I got this today while I was shopping because it reminded me of you". I was so touched when I opened the package to see a little music box with an ice skating scene and, that when opened, played the song, "We Wish You a Merry Christmas." Sometimes it's those unplanned, spontaneous moments that are the most cherished! Wouldn't you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment