Monday, May 17, 2010

Question of the Day: Are you secretly happy when an ex gets their heart broken?

I personally am never really happy when someone I care about gets hurt; however, I'm ashamed to admit that when I was younger, I would secretly feel a bit elated when an ex boyfriend got his heart handed to him on a platter. Call me vindictive, but I can vividly recall feelings of self-righteous indignation when a former lover would call me up crying because their girlfriend just broke up with them. While I would console them with my words, internally I was shouting, "Ha! Take that! Now ya know how it feels sucka!" Is this normal? Doesn't everybody, on some level, feel a twinge of vindication when a past flame that broke their heart, gets theirs' broken in return?

No comments:

Post a Comment