Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Question of the Day: Have you ever been on a first date and decided you couldn't see them again because they revealed something way too personal?

I admit it, this question was inspired from last night's season premiere of "The Bachelorette". If you happened to see it, OMG...WTF??? "Shooter?!" What the Sam-hell was he thinking in revealing to Ali where and how he developed his nickname? I literally wanted to reach through the TV screen and bitch slap him from here to Kingdom Come (err...no pun intended?) I mean REALLY??? People actually think implanting such information into a woo-ee's (I know, doncha just love my made-up words?) brain is going to transfer into, "Oh come hither my lovely enchantress. Methinks the lady doth protest too much!" I mean, c'mon??? And he was surprised to see himself get the boot?

Had I not seen the episode last night, I would have answered this question with a conservative, "No. While I've been on a date where the guy one time shared too much personal information too soon, I'm always willing to give someone the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they're going through a rough time or just got out of a serious relationship, but it's worth it to give someone a second chance." However, had "Shooter" crossed my path and divulged to me what he shared with Ali, I don't think I would have laughed as coyly as she did and more likely than not, sent him packing on his way right then and there! Ugh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment