Saturday, May 29, 2010

Question of the Day: The love of your life broke off your engagement, but just asked for your hand again. What do you say?

I just watched the trailer for "Sex and the City 2" and it got me wondering how many "Big and Carrie" stories are out there? If someone calls off an engagement but asks you again later to marry you, is it a sign that the marriage is doomed? I guess it really all boils down to the reason behind the bail-out and the main motivating factor. Nerves, for example, can wreak havoc on one's judgment and be a cause for impulsive behavior. Cold feet is a reason I would likely consider a second engagement; however, I can't imagine entertaining the thought if it involved infidelity, loss of love or my partner's desire to choose his career or social life over our relationship. But that's just me. I'm certain there are tons of stories out there of people forgiving partner's for myriad reasons and taking the "I do" plunge after a broken engagement. I'm curious to hear the differing scenarios and how they, if at all, effected the marriages.

No comments:

Post a Comment