Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Question of the Day: What do you think of coffee meetings for 1st dates?

Okay, I admit it, I'm not a big fan of this concept. I think if someone suggests this option for a first time meet up, it lacks sincerity and imagination. Not only that, if it's the man's suggestion, in some ways it's like saying, "Well, gee, I'm not sure if I'm really going to like you or not, so just in case I don't, I'm only obligated to shell out cash for a coupla' lattes." There are always exceptions to every rule, but I just don't care for the overall message that it sends to someone you would like to get to know better. Call me old fashioned, but I enjoy the pomp and circumstance of someone formally asking me out for a nice dinner and the anticipation that builds throughout the day as I await the evening. It builds intrigue and makes a girl feel giddy to think about what she's going to wear that will perfectly highlight her pale blue eyes in the hopes that Mr. Wonderful will stare across the table at her with adoration. So, next time you consider suggesting this before meeting your potential future mate, get back to the drawing board and see if that overbooked Italian bistro down the street has had any last minute dinner cancellations! You've been meaning to try their famous cappuccino for months now anyways!

No comments:

Post a Comment