Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Question of the Day: Do you believe in love at first sight?

I get asked this question all the time so I thought it appropriate to throw it out there and to see what the masses think. While I've learned to never say never, I generally don't believe in the concept of love at first sight. I think that love takes time to nurture and cultivate in order to grow and develop. The beginning feelings of passion and intensity do fade and ultimately go away, but what you should have in the end is a profound and loving friendship combined with intimacy. It's difficult to immediately have those feelings for someone you just met, let alone laid eyes on! But then again, I'd love to give this theory a shot with the likes of someone like...say...Bradley Cooper or Jake Gyllenhall. If this opportunity happened to present itself, I would gladly welcome the chance to stand corrected!

1 comment:

  1. So here's the reality behind love at first sight: You may not love the person profoundly instantly, but you feel an attraction towards them. I think you know quickly whether the other person attracts you. Sadly, the opposite is also true. You meet people and know immediately you will not be falling in love with them whatsoever. Could be the most wonderful person EVER. It won't happen. But, hey, I'm a guy. Is it any different for women? Are there characteristics of men (leadership, charisma, humor) that allow men to convert from the "No" list to the "Yes" list?

    ReplyDelete