Friday, July 30, 2010

Question of the Day: What's the quickest amount of time that transpired between when you met someone and then went on a date with them?



I hear crazy stories all the time about people meeting dates randomly and then spontaneously going off on a date with them.  A client of mine actually met a woman stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic and when she was explaining to him why there was a jam, he realized she was cute and asked her out the following night.  


This past winter on a blustery cold Saturday morning, my girlfriend called me and told me her crazy story from the previous night.  She said she was chatting on a dating site with a guy late at night.  He asked her out for the next evening but she had to decline as she was busy with other plans.  She then said, "What are you doing now?"  Next thing you know, she's throwing on wrinkled jeans, tossing her hair up in a pony-tail and rushing out the door sans make-up to go meet this Internet dating stranger.  In a matter of 15 minutes they're slamming back beers at the local pub which invariably leads to a major make-out session in his car in the parking lot for another hour or so!   


Another client recently told me he flirted with a bartender and asked her if she'd be interested in going to St. Croix with him that weekend.  She responded with, "I get off work in an hour.  Let's go to dinner so I can learn more about you."  They had dinner and the next morning they were on a flight to St. Croix for the weekend.  Dang!!  Why doesn't this stuff happen to me??

No comments:

Post a Comment