Friday, July 9, 2010

Question of the Day: When it comes to little white lies, who do you stretch the truth with the most? Your family? Your S/O? Your friends?


"Nothing’s wrong, I'm fine."
"It's all good!"
"No. It's fine."
Yep, I admit it.  Untrue verbiage I've been known to express.  Looking back I think, "What was the point in that?"  I mean, why didn't I just come clean and spill it?  Did I really think I was doing my current mate or myself any good in concealing what was really bothering me?  Did I think he was going to up and run off if I did come forth and assert my true feelings?  And if he did, wouldn't he have been doing me a favor in the long run?

Ah, the lies we tell.  In May CNN reported that researchers in London tried to get to the bottom of this by asking around 3,000 Brits about their sweet little lies. They found that while men lie more than women (most reported up to three times a day!), women are more effective fibbers. What’s more, most surveyed believed that women are better at catching someone telling a lie. 

The men who participated in the survey admitted that they fib most about drinking; they don’t exactly come clean about how much booze they’ve chugged.  Meanwhile, women polled for the study shared they don’t always tell the truth when asked if something is wrong.

Do you have any foolproof methods for determining if someone is lying?  And, do you agree with the surveys findings? 

No comments:

Post a Comment